When you wish upon a star....

Monday, July 23, 2012
A friend recently asked what my passion is. being a mom? teaching? writing? traveling?  blogging? She wanted to know my REAL passion. I thought about my answer in a rather awkward moment or two of silence. With my head tilted ever so slightly to the side, I smiled and said,  Children


My reasons for this are Real Simple. Children embody the spirit I wish every adult had. They are carefree. They are the future. They are why I teach. They are the reason I love being a mother. They are the reason I blog. They are the reason I read. They are the reason I smile nonstop, especially with my own little guy. They are the reason I support the Shot@Life campaign. 


Children around the world are the same. They all love to play and have attention. They wish on the same stars and give the best night time kisses. One big difference is the amount of care they mothers are able to access for them. Did you know that by the end of 2011, GAVI had contributed to the immunization of an additional 326 million children? Those children might not otherwise have had access to vaccines. These vaccinations averted more than five-and-a-half million future deaths. 
5,500,000 deaths
That is not ok. My passion is children and I am standing up for them. It is not acceptable for children around the world to die from vaccine preventable diseases. Unacceptable. 
Look at these faces! What a blessing that the United Nations Foundation and Shot@Life campaign are making a difference in countries like Tanzania! 
Come learn more about Shot@Life. Sign up for more information! You don't need lots of money. You don't need lots of connections. You only need a passion for helping children.


When I see that shooting star tonight, I'll be wishing that ALL children get a shot@ making wishes on their own shooting stars!

No comments

Thank you for your comments. Words matter. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...