Make Your Own Post It Notes!

Sunday, July 1, 2012
The title is not misleading! I'm serious! I attended The Reading and Writing Project Summer Writing Institute and was blown away with this! Picture it....

I'm sitting in class watching Kristi Mraz (author of the upcoming book, Smarter Charts) place regular colored copy paper onto her fabulous chart.
 She was peeling papers off the chart, moving them around, pulling them off one chart and moving them to the other. In my head, I was like, "Wow, she has magical paper powers." She must have noticed the entire room looking at her all misty eyed, because she pulled out her magic wand.....
 

REPOSITIONABLE GLUE STICKS!!!
I could not believe my eyes. She pulled paper after paper, a rainbow of colors, off a chart, off of her pile of notes, off of the chart stand placing them all different places...it was <sniffle, sniffle> beautiful. 

Our mouths were watering...I'm serious. Where might one purchase this magical glue stick and how much does it cost? You will be happy to know they are about $3 (and last a long time) and are available at office supply stores, right next to the good old fashioned glue sticks. You can also buy them online. I rushed out and bought some right away!
 
I was like a kid in the candy store! Sticking and unsticking. Checking for any paper damage (none.) Watching out for sticky residue (it was minimal.) Seeing if it would hang on the wall (it did.) Turning the paper one way and the other. It works!
I LOVE IT!!!

Teachers: The possibilities are endless. Big post its are expensive and the space is often small. This little stick allows you to make any paper a post it. It works on all sizes. Not sure about construction paper though....
Parents: T and I have been hanging his letters with the glue stick! We swiped the back with the glue stick and mixed them up and then he put them in order. I can't wait to see what we come up with next!

Go out and get some of this stuff! You will thank me later! It is teacher/parent gold! You might also want to get Kristi's book! I'm preordering it!
What might you do with this magic wand glue stick?



2 comments

  1. Wow, that glue stick looks great! I had never heard of this! Thanks..I will be looking for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I been looking around for days on how to make sticky notes but that you can move them around without loosing their stickiness and I haven't had any luck until now!!!! Once again Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Words matter. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...